Friday, December 10, 2021

Book 47 Sweet Entanglement

 


Sweet Entanglement by Jean C. Gordon fulfilled the category “Work with Less than 1000 Reviews on Amazon or Goodreads” for the PopSugar 2021 Reading Challenge. Amazon currently has eighty-four reviews with an average of a 4.5-star rating. Goodreads has 125 reviews with 4.35 stars.

Sweet Entanglement is Book Twelve of the Indigo Bay series. But number twelve isn’t an issue as the series is written by several authors. Within this sweet romance series, you can pick up any novel without having to read any other Indigo Bay story. All the books have the same town and some mixing of characters. There are several series within Indigo Bay, including holiday books and a second-chance romance series.

In this title, Ms. Gordon gives us a second-chance romance, a secret baby, and a twist of suspense. Laura Cooper moves to Indigo Bay to live near her mom and get her law career started. Enter Jesse Brewster, her former boyfriend and motocross champion. He inherites the town’s historical mansion and plans to stay to renovate it. Laura is caught in the middle, representing both the town’s interest and her ex’s. Throw on top of that, Jesse’s ex (after Laura) drops off a small child for him to care for—his daughter he knew nothing about. Talk about tension! And with all that, the mansion keeps getting vandalized, too.

This book had everything—a sweet simmering story, hints of a sequel, and tension, tension, tension. I don’t read sweet romances often, but when I do, I know Ms. Gordon will give me a wonderful story. (Yes, I totally binge-read the sequel, and I have a third Indigo Bay by Ms. Gordon queued on my Kindle.)

Let’s talk about heat levels in romance books for a second. My favorite moments in these stories are when the couple finally falls in love. If they close the door to their celebration or not, I don’t care. I just want that happy ending. Other readers do not feel the same way. Sometimes sex in a book will scare off readers. For me, whether I’m reading Jean C. Gordon, KA Mitchell, Kathryn R. Biel, or Autumn Jones Lake, I want the love story, heat or no. What do you think?

I give Sweet Entanglement by Jean C. Gordon Five Walks on the Beach.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

2021 in Review

  Phew. We did it. Fifty books in fifty-two weeks. I enjoy doing the PopSugar Challenge. This year started rough but smoothed out as tim...